CSC 1035: Databases for Many Majors
No background in computing necessary. Design and implementation of your own database as a group project. Cooperative learning techniques to demystify key concepts: the relational model, normalization, the Entity-Relationship model and SQL.
- Explore database concepts.
- Provide experience in designing and implementing a database.
- Explore computer technology in general, especially as it relates to database principles.
- Provide a cooperative peer-based learning environment.
- Explore techniques for communicating knowledge, facts, and understanding, both orally and in writing.
There are no prerequisites for this course.